SilverTip Telematics is a BC based technology company that develops wireless and RF solutions for demanding customers. Our designs and products span DC to 40 GHz and are installed on vehicles, ships, and aircraft and on the ground in remote locations as well as telecom carrier locations. Our team of specialists can take a new product from concept to volume production.
We currently have an opening for talented RF TECHNICIAN at our Burnaby, BC location. In this full-time hourly position, you will be part of a production team responsible for the tuning and testing of RF amplifiers and sub-assemblies used in satellite communications systems. Assignments may include performing final product testing and tuning of RF circuits using RF sweepers, RF power meters, vector network analyzers (VNAs), spectrum analyzers, waveguides and waveguide couplers, coaxial cables, environmental chambers, and vibration fixtures.
This position may require some travel to customer sites or other facilities for periods of up to a week.
- You will need at least three years of RF and/or electronics test and production experience, with demonstrated knowledge of microwave theory and practice. Other qualifications that will enable you to perform successfully in these positions include:
- Familiarity with microwave test equipment and laboratory protocols for handling sensitive components.
- Must be able to read and interpret test instructions, assembly instructions, and engineering drawings (schematics, mechanical drawing).
- Experience and skills with basic hand tools, and machinery such as drill presses, grinders, CNC machines an asset.
- Knowledge of environmental test processes and equipment is beneficial.
- Effective communication skills are necessary in order to work effectively with team members, supervisors, and other employees.
- Proficiency with PCs and Microsoft Office applications is needed.
- A diploma or certificate in electronics is preferred.
- Depending upon the work assignment, applicants may be subject to a government security screening and required to meet eligibility requirements for access to controlled goods requiring a security clearance.
Apply with resume/cover letter @ Email: email@example.com (Subject: RF Technician Application – (First name, Last Name)